I have made some changes to my 2012 schedule, the main one being that I have signed up for the Slammer Tour and plan on playing in about 5 events this summer.
A little later than normal, but I have finally gotten around to planning my golf season. Each year in the spring I sit down and mull over the multitude of events to choose from in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. Unlike past years where I have generally known what tournament I want to play, this year has been a bit of an internal struggle to put together a tournament line up that fits what I am looking for. What am I looking to in a tournament? Good question, sometimes I don’t seem to know myself, but generally I look for (in no particular order):
- Day of the week
- Weekends always work better for me, but will take time off work for the right tournament
- I wish it wasn’t a factor, but it is.
- Event Field
- While I never know exactly who is in the field, most events have enough history to give you an idea who is likely to play.
- Chance to do well
- Whether you finish high in a tournament is as much about how well you play as it is about how well the other competitors play. There are courses I have a history of playing well on and courses I have a history playing not so well.
- I tend to look look for events in Ottawa and area, but will venture for the right event.
May 20: Slammer Tour @ Buckingham Golf Club
May 26/27: Flagstick Shootout @ Smugglers Glen
July 8: Metcalfe Golf Sunday Tournament Series @ Metcalfe Golf
July 22: Metcalfe Golf Sunday Tournament Series @ Metcalfe Golf
September 22/23: BCC Open @ Brockville Country Club