2011 was another good year for me, but with 2010 consisting of a wedding, a trip to Europe and a club championship it was going to be tough for 2011 to seem extraordinary. While not as eventful as 2010, 2011 was marked with a move to a new house. Time will tell what 2012 will bring.
As I look back on 2011 here are some of my favorite things from the past year. It is not as extensive as my 3 (yes 3) 2010 favorites things lists, but still capture what caught my attention in 2011.
Favorite golf courses played in 2011:
- Greyhawk Predator – How can the course I shot a 71 one at not be my favorite course of 2011.
- Smuggler’s Glen
- Club de Golf Fraser Edmundston
- Shooting a -1 71 at Greyhawk Predator in June.
- Shooting a 78 and taking 6 points to help the Metcalfe Men’s Intersectional Team finish 2nd at OVGA intersectionals.
- Finishing 5th in B flight at 2011 Smuggler’s Glen Shootout.
* Honorable mentions for a couple of movies that came out in 2010, but I only saw them in 2011 – The Fighter, Barney’s Version, and The Company Men.
Favorite Books of 2011 (non of these came out in 2011):
- Douglas Coupland – Player One (2010 Release)
- Chuck Palahniuk – Survivor (1999 Release)
- Bob Probert’s Autobiography – Tough Guy, My Life on the Edge (2010 Release)
- Twitter – 2nd year in a row that is my go to website for everything from golf talk to political news.
- Flagstick.com – Great website for everything golf in Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec. The only thing it is missing is a forum.
- Ottawagolf.com – While the site overall leaves much to be desired, their forum is the best in the city to talk golf.
- Golf Digest App for IPad – Very interactive, really brings the magazine to life.
- Evernote for IPhone and IPad – A great way to make and store quick notes across multiple platforms
- NHL Games Center for IPhone and IPad – I don’t get to watch a lot of hockey games, but I can follow all of them on Game Center.